5 November 2001 The new version of Ulead COOL 3D, Ulead COOL 3D 3.5 has been officially submitted.
I shall not give a detailed description. There are enough Internet sites with professional descriptions and I would fail trying to compete with them. I simply have decided to take the list of new features from Ulead and comment on them.
In general, the program has remained the same and so has the interface. On the same computers (PII-233, PIII-800, P4-1.5) however, the new version works 10 percent faster.
Ulead COOL 3D 3.5 is available in retail and online stores for an estimated street price of $49.95 or $44.95 for a downloaded version. Previous owners of Ulead COOL 3D may upgrade to Version 3.5 for $29.95.
For box version users - on the Cool3d CD available 6 models:
And now for the new features:
3D Vector- based Flash™ Output
EnVector module allows quick and easy rendering of 3D, vector- based Flash animations
Move between main interface and EnVector with the touch of a button
Vector- based Flash™ files are optimal for scalability and lightweight file size
A quite good piece. This additional program exports objects or animations in Flash (SWF format), but not a full picture, in vector. As far as I know the only other program that can do this is Vecta3D. But there are certain problems: very big size files. It is fine for a small project, but if you are working on a complex animation, you might want to forget it. Or prepare for long, drawn-out work...
Instant Wireframe for outputting objects with a unique look
Wireframe mode allows faster previewing. The wireframe is useful as it can be placed on one or all objects. The color of the object is kept during wireframe mode. Besides being convenient for creating models, the wireframe can also be used for design decisions. (Look at the top of the page).
Texture Emboss for giving texturized surfaces a realistic look
Lightning for electrical pulse effects
Wave Animation for text and objects
Here we shall consider three new plug-ins effects.
1. Emboss effect for textures. Earlier it was need to make embossing in the other graphic editor, and now it is direct in the Cool3d.
2. This causes electrical lightning. For those who do not make animations, the gift is simply good lighting image, and for animators lightning can be set to jump on yours monitor, run under letters, and penetrate objects, like a tornado.
3. Text Wave - Text can be set to move in waves. Probably for animators, it is especially for makers of titles.
Frustum (Truncated Pyramid)
Metaball (Transcending Sphere)
Torus (For doughnut- like shapes)
Additional shapes with more options. All of them simplify work and allow handy constructions. It is necessary to speak about the metaball separately.
The metaball is a smooth transition from a sphere to a sphere. Look at the pictures below.
Advanced Input/ Output & Storage Options
Import Adobe® Illustrator® files into the Path Editor or workspace
Built- in Raster- and Vector- based Macromedia® Flash™ (SWF) export
RealNetworks® RealVideo® (RM) output
Import - export new:
1. Export to RealVideo: Only the text and without effects.
2. I've already spoken about Flash.
3. Import AI files. At last it is possible to drag in a professional vector file. For those who are not familiar, AI (Adobe Illustrator) files make vector graphics that do not even compare to EMF/WMF files.
That's all news. The rest also, as well as in version 3.0, if you have become interested can go and buy:
If you want to buy NEW Ulead Cool3d 3.5, you can open Ulead site under this link for support of my site, thanks.